With Thanksgiving coming up this Thursday in the USA, we thought it would be fun to see what we’re all thankful for! This can be bookish or not. It’s completely up to you!
-> Above everything else I’m thankful to my husband. We’ve been married 4 years now (tomorrow is our wedding anniversary).
-> For the libraries in Singapore. We have libraries outside almost every single train station and I didn’t realize how awesome that is until I moved here. I don’t buy a ton of books anymore because borrowing is so easy.
-> I love the weather in Singapore. I know there are times when I complain about having no seasons and that it’s so hot. But frankly i would live in a tropical climate any day compared to the cold and rainy.
-> I am thankful for my darling niece who is 7 months old already. Time flies so fast.
-> I’m thankful that I have this hobby of reading. It has taught me so much which I would never have learnt by myself in this short life.
-> I’m thankful for my new career. After 4 years of working as a software engineer, I shifted to Graphic Design. I’ve been working in this field for about 7 months now, I couldn’t be happier.
See the Top Ten Tuesday post here…
This weeks Top Ten Tuesdays is Top Ten Books I Want To Give As Gifts (and to who…even if you won’t actually give them!)
Not many people in my life read books but I’m going to write this list as if they did.
1) Anne of Green Gables series by Lucy Maud Montgomery: to a young girl in my family or maybe a friend’s daughter.
2) 3 Sisters Island Trilogy by Nora Roberts: to someone who likes to read books on magic or witches with lots of romance in them.
3) The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls : To someone who loved memoirs.
4) Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts: To someone who loved a masala book, that is a book which has all the elements.
5) Any YA Fantasy book : To my little sis, she loves everything to do with fantasy and witches and magic.I do pass on my books that meet this category to her already so I can’t think of any that I want to give to her at this moment. But if I have to gift books to people she’ll definitely be on my list.
6) The Complete Calvin and Hobbs series: To my darling husband. He loves Calvin
7) A Hundred and One Days, A Baghdad Journal by Åsne Seierstad: For someone who enjoys books written by journalists on real events.
8 ) Nefertiti by Michelle Moran: For someone who likes Historical fiction and who likes it to be super entertaining.
9) Chasing the Monsoon by Alexander Frater: For someone who loves reading Travelogues.
10) Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton: For someone who loves reading sweeping sagas filled with family secrets and hidden gardens.
This is my first time participating in Top Ten Tuesday. I have seen this meme around and found it very interesting but its the first time I’ve actually got the chance to take part in it.
- Hunger Games: Yes, still haven’t read it. I have this book in my TBR and I’m waiting for the right moment to pick it up. I need to read it before the movie releases though.
- The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley: Again I have read some amazing reviews on this book, I can’t wait to read it. But somehow I feel this book will disappoint me.
- Bleeding Violet: I did borrow this book from the Library, I even read some 50 pages but I had to return it and never found it on the shelves again to borrow. Maybe sometime.
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows: I’m sure I’ll like this but it’s just a matter of time before I read it.
- Looking for Alaska by John Green: I loved the book Paper Towns and I can’t wait to read this. I’ll probably buy this sometime instead of waiting for it to be available in the library. Somehow his books are always checked out.
- Harry Potter series: Seriously, I still haven’t read this series. I have the first 2 books in this series but now that I have watched almost all the movies I don’t really feel like reading the books. May be I can try an audiobook.
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo: I got this book long back but I don’t feel like reading it mostly because the next books are already released and they are pretty huge.
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta: I got this book from the Library once but never got around to reading it. I returned it unread.
- Anna and the French Kiss
- Any Book by Sarah Waters